Defending Medical Malpractice
Add to your Conference/Group
Add your comments:
Insert YouTube Videos inside your Slideworld presentation Copy and paste the video URL from YouTube, choose where to insert the video, and press “Submit”. The video will play in your slideshow after sometime.
Enter YouTube video URL
Enter Slide No where you want to insert youtube videos
Post a comment
Post Comment on Twitter
Post Comment on SlideWorld
Subscribe to follow-up comments
SlideWorld will not store your password. SlideWorld will maintain your privacy.
Subscribe to follow-up comments
Slide 1 :
Defending Medical Malpractice Eldon L. Boisseau The Law Offices Of Eldon L. Boisseau Wichita, Kansas Overland Park, Kansas
Slide 2 :
1. What can be done to protect yourself from medical malpractice? Do a good job. Take care of your patient. Care about their care. Develop good relationships with patient. Keep up on the medicine involved. Do your charting and keep it current. Take whatever time is necessary to do a good job.
Slide 3 :
What can be done to protect yourself from Medical Malpractice, continued Be mindful of the on call situation & when to transfer the patient Do not get too busy. If you are doing a lot of one thing, you are probably doing something wrong. Know the people upon whom you are relying for backup & for professional opinion. Determine when to consult on a particular problem or unusual situation.
Slide 4 :
2. What we do to defend the case and how do the two relate? Stages of the lawsuit A. Pleading B. Discovery C. Pre-trial D. Trial E. Appeal F. Final concerns
Slide 5 :
2. What we do to defend the case and how do the two relate, continued? Acquire records. Research medications involved. Meet & evaluate the doctor. Figure out what is going on with the plaintiff in the case. Study the records & look for the discrepancies. Develop a list of who might be a consultant or an expert on this condition.
Slide 6 :
2. What we do to defend the case and how do the two relate, continued? Prepare the doctor for the deposition. What is a deposition? What needs to be done for the deposition? What are your concerns about the deposition?
Slide 7 :
2. What we do to defend the case and how do the two relate, continued? Develop any comparative fault on the part of the plaintiff. Failure to follow medical advice. Poor history given. Bad genes. Disease or condition that is self-inflicted.
Slide 8 :
2. What we do to defend the case and how do the two relate, continued? Determine the standard of care. Find experts in the field who can defend the action & know the standard of care. Which experts do you want? Local Non-local & have published on the topic at hand.
Slide 9 :
2. What we do to defend the case and how do the two relate, continued? What is the standard of care? Board certified. Non-boarded & not in large metropolitan area. Impact of HMO.
Slide 10 :
2. What we do to defend the case and how do the two relate, continued? Informed consent. Complications Unexplainable events.
Slide 11 :
2. What we do to defend the case and how do the two relate, continued? Trial of case How to dress. What demeanor to exhibit. How to testify. What are the questions to be asked & answers to be given. Develop themes. Pick the jury. Develop the experts. Literature to be used. Cross exam of the plaintiffs.
Slide 12 :
3. Stress What is going on? What does this mean for my professional life? What does this mean for liability insurance? What will this mean when reported to the federal government? What is the impact on my practice? What is the impact on my family?
Slide 13 :
4. What About Insurance and Estate Planning? Type & amount of insurance Tort reform Estate planning What companies to use & not, there is a difference. The idea that the care is all about cash flow.
An Evidence-based Ap...
Revision of a Medica...
Medical Treatment of...
Jackpot Justice The ...
Medical Aspects of S...
Free Powerpoint Templates
5 Years ago.
1346 Views, 0 favourite
PowerPoint Slide Presentation on
More By User
Flag as inappropriate
Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate. If needed, use the
form to let us know more details.
Other Terms Of Service Violation