Folic acid education campaigns targeting health professionals in Europe
Add to your Conference/Group
Add your comments:
Insert YouTube Videos inside your Slideworld presentation Copy and paste the video URL from YouTube, choose where to insert the video, and press “Submit”. The video will play in your slideshow after sometime.
Enter YouTube video URL
Enter Slide No where you want to insert youtube videos
Post a comment
Post Comment on Twitter
Post Comment on SlideWorld
Subscribe to follow-up comments
SlideWorld will not store your password. SlideWorld will maintain your privacy.
Subscribe to follow-up comments
Slide 1 :
Folic acid education campaigns targeting health professionals in europe Corina Mihaela Chivu, MD, MPH Prof Theodore H. Tulchinsky, MD, MPH Prof Mayer Brezis, MD, MPH (The Hebrew University - Braun School of Public Health, Jerusalem Israel) Karla Soares-Weiser, MD, PhD (Enhance Reviews, Israel) Rony Braunstein, PhD (The Centre for Safety and Quality Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem Israel)
Slide 2 :
Outline Definition & background Purpose Methodology Education campaigns & target population Effectiveness of campaigns Conclusions & recommendations
Slide 3 :
1. Definition of Folic acid supplements Folic acid is the synthetic form of B9 vitamin that occurs naturally in food. Why Folic Acid is So Important ? help prevent major birth defects of baby’s brain and spine (Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/folicacid/index.htm )
Slide 4 :
1. Health policyWHY Folic acid supplementation ?
Slide 5 :
2. Purpose To present the effectiveness of education campaigns in Europe aiming to increase health professionals’ : KNOWLEDGE BEHAVIOUR to advise on dose (400 µg; 4 mg) ) period
Slide 6 :
3. methodology Data sources: Cochrane Library and Medline Studies included : before-and-after studies Inclusion criteria: (1) any category of health professionals (2) presence of any type of education intervention (3)rates of health professionals knowledgeable about and counseling on folic acid supplementation before and after intervention (4) publication from the year 1992 up to 2005
Slide 7 :
Interventions (1992 – 2002) United States Australia Europe
Slide 8 :
United States & Australia
Slide 9 :
health professionals’ knowledge about dose of 0.4 mg/ day increased from 13% to 58% before to 51% to 70% after (P , .0001). health professionals’ knowledge about recommended period augmented from 57% to 80% before to 79% to 85% after intervention (P , .0001). proportion of health care providers recommending folic acid to women rose from 13% to 45% before to 19% to 62% after
Slide 10 :
Slide 11 :
4. national & localEducation campaigns in Europe 1994 - 1997 1996 - 1998 2000 -2002 1996 - 1998 1998 - 2000
Slide 12 :
4.Education campaigns channels of communication
Slide 13 :
Duration of campaigns less than 1 hour (1 study) 1–6 months (5 studies) 1 year to < 2 years (6 studies) 2 years to <3 years (4 studies)
Module Health Psycho...
Preparing to work in...
Health care 101 wome...
Mental Health and Il...
Flexibility and Low ...
Free Powerpoint Templates
5 Years ago.
1020 Views, 0 favourite
PowerPoint Presentation on Folic acid education campaigns targeting health professionals in Europe
PowerPoint Presentation on Folic acid education campaigns targeting health professionals in Europe or PowerPoint Presentation on Nutrition: Folic acid for prevention of neural tube defects
More By User
Flag as inappropriate
Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate. If needed, use the
form to let us know more details.
Other Terms Of Service Violation